Here’s a recipe I think I need to make more often. Unfortunately I was sick when I made it last week so I couldn’t really taste it, but hubby assures me that even when I accidentally use too much vegetable oil it still tastes great. This is a pretty yummy and easy to make recipe though. This can also be a tasty part of a bento, but for dinner I added a side of a moyashi (beansprouts) mixed with cabbage, carrot, etc. as well as rice.
Ingredients: (Serves 2, or 4 for bento)
200 g of pork loin strips
1/2 bag of spinach
As much sliced cheese as you need
Ingredients for flavoring:
1 tablespoon of cooking sake
1 tablespoon of mirin (sweet cooking sake)
1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
1. Boil the spinach and leave it in a strainer or collander.
2. Cut the sliced cheese into appropriate sizes and for as many strips as you have.
3. Lay out each strip of pork on a board and add salt and pepper. Put a slice of cheese and some spinach at the end of each strip (as pictured on the right), and then roll each strip up.
4. Heat up vegetable oil in a frying pan and then add the meat roll-ups end-down into the frying pan.
5. Once the outside of all sides starts changing color, put the lid on and let it cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
6. Mix the flavoring together, and once your timer is up, mix the roll-ups with the flavoring, and then it’s finished!
I recommend cutting each roll-up in half for easy bite-sized eating. Also it’s best to cook it on low heat so that the cheese doesn’t all melt out right away.