This is the second time I’ve tried this recipe. The first time was good, but I felt like it was missing something since I hate onions and didn’t put any in. This time I substituted the onions for 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder and they came out great. I still can’t seem to get the sauce to work right though. I think it could be that the meatballs were too watery still. I’ll try taking them out of the pot a bit different next time. From the pictures of other people’s reports, it looks like I’m not the only one who is having issues with the sauce (unless they chose not to use it?).
Ingredients: (Serves two for dinner or maybe three or four for bento)
300 g ground meat
★3 tablespoons of panko
★3 tablespoons of milk
★A little bit of salt
★ A little bit of pepper
☆2 tablespoons of ketchup
☆1/2 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
☆1/2 tablespoon of cooking sake
☆1 teaspoon of soy sauce
☆1 teaspoon of sugar
1. Peel the carrot and onion and chop them finely.
2. Put the meat, carrot, and onion into a bowl with the ingredients marked with a ★. When the mixture gets sticky, roll the meat into balls.
3. Boil water in a pot and put the balls in the pot. When they start floating, set a timer for one minute and then take them out.
4. Mix the ingredients marked with a ☆ into a microwavable bowl, cover it with saran wrap, and microwave it for 30 seconds so that the sugar can melt.
5. Mix the meatballs with the sauce, and then put them on a plate.